Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood




Many apologies for the delay in posting...I have misplaced my camera battery charger (it's probably in China somewhere!) and I haven't been able to take pictures! We enjoyed a visit with my dad and Gail today, so I took advantage and downloaded his pictures so I could post!

It was a beautiful semi-Spring day here in Tennessee..we enjoyed temps in the high 60's and wonderful, wonderful sun!!! I am a Florida girl and I really miss the sun in the Winter. I don't care if it's 16 degrees outside as long as I can see the sun!!!

Our lives have been touched by so many people who read our blog while we were in China. We have renewed friendships neglected over time, met new friends who share an interest in our journey and made cyberfriends we may well never meet. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the wonderful comments and compliments...it is a joy to share our joy! Thank you also to all who have sent wishes, prayers, cards and gifts. The girls were blessed today with gifts from a thoughtful group of people at the China Pavillion at Epcot Center...we may never meet these great folks (I hope we do!) but are touched by their generosity. Thanks also to my dad and Gail for the awesome scrapbook!!

Lily braved the hot tub for the first time tonight and really enjoyed it! She didn't want to get out until she noticed her fingertips were all pruny!!! We are amazed at how well she is adjusting to family life...she has experienced no negative sleeping, eating or beahviorial issues. Knock on wood! We went to our favorite Chinese restaurant tonight and the server asked her in Mandarin where she came from and she chirped out...MY HOUSE!!!!

3 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

"My House!" That's adorable. I am so happy to see how you are all adjusting and settling in. She looks so healthy and is just glowing in these pics. What a joy to see.

So happy for you all!

Carol said...

That's so great! She looks so happy! She is such a sweetie!!! You never did tell us her size!!! We want to get her something!!!!

ChrisBillEmilyKatie said...

Hi. Fun pictures. No snow? Are you getting company for the race?
I told Bill he was not allowed to ask.
Cute dolls. How are you doing at home alone each day? In the photo's Sopie looks so much taller than the ones I saw when you were in China. Is American Chinese as good to Lily as real Chinese?
Talk to you soon.

Chris