Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Glorious Easter Sunday!




We hope everyone had a GLORIOUS Easter Sunday...we sure did! We started the morning early (I'm turning over a new leaf!) and had a wonderful family breakfast prior to donning our Easter finery. Let me say this...it takes longer to get two kids ready! Our church had only one service this Sunday...10 am...now that sounds "do-able" enough, but we were 10 minutes late! I wanted the girls to look fabulous and they did, even if I looked somewhat undone!

Did you know that a majority of the Chinese people are athiests? That's a concept I cannot wrap my mind around. There are over two billion people in China and most of them do not believe in God. It's not their fault...organized religion is discouraged. But I wonder how anyone can look at the beauty of a sunset or at a majestic mountain and not wonder who created this earth? How can someone hear a child's laugh or a baby's needy cry and not immediately thank God for those gifts?

We are blessed in so many ways...but our greatest blessing of all is the opportunity to introduce our children to their creator. Please, Lord, don't let me mess this one up!

2 comments:

GL said...

You're right! The girls did look fabulous. And I have to give you an A for effort. I'm glad you had a glorious Easter -- we did as well. BUT, we missed you. It would have been nice to celebrate together but, alas, it was not to be. As we say so often, Maybe next year.
Keep posting -- at least five people at the hospital told me today they are following your blog and how "adorable" your family is. I didn't want to brag but I did claim some of the credit.

'Til next time - hugs and kisses all around.

Carol said...

Debbie these people wierd me out too....there are many people without faith and I just don't understand how you get thru this life without some belief in something....