Wednesday, March 5, 2008

This Blog Was Interrupted By Jet Lag!



I used to think "Jet Lag" was a wive's tale, a lame excuse made by many to grab a nap. I don't think that anymore because I am a full-fledged sufferer of jet lag! My poor body clock is so messed up that I don't know day from night! Thank goodness Lily hasn't been affected. The little trouper slept 10 of the 12 hours of our flight from Tokyo and has slept regularly since our return!

When our plane pulled into tiny Tri-Cities Regional Airport, the passengers on our flight called us over to the other side of the plane to get a look at the crowd of people gathered to greet us on the observation deck. Among the welcoming committee were my mom, Angie Barnett, the Laughlins with Abbey Grace, Richard and Jada Lane, The Stewart Family and our neighbors and pet caretakers, the Toppings. We were so excited to see everyone and were never so happy to be getting off an airplane in our entire lives! Once inside the terminal, we made the long trek down the final corridor, seeing our friends and family at the end. Sophie took off in a sprint and Lily took off after her, not knowing anyone but still running and laughing. By the time Pete and I got to the end of the hall, most of the introductions had been made and Lily and Sophie were on the floor of the airport terminal playing with their friends. Thanks to everyone for making our homecoming so wonderful. My friend, Allison, who knows the quickest way to Pete's heart is through his stomach, brought banana bread and cookies and Stephanie Topping made us the most beautiful memory book!

We've spent the last two days tackling our mountain of laundry...it was so gross I considered burning all of it! Yesterday we went to the golf course to meet Pete's great staff, Marilyn, Bob, Roger and the girls from the accounting department who brought gifts for both Lily and Sophie. We all watched Lily do a jigsaw puzzle and write her name in English and Chinese. I wrote out the ABC's for her the other day and she copied them on her paper. Yesterday she wrote them by memory! I know we are not related by DNA, but I can still claim she's so smart because of me, can't I?

Thanks to all who follow our blog...it has been a real pleasure and we plan to continue keeping everyone informed on our progress!!! So check back soon for more pictures and stories about our ladybug and our leapfrog!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! Jet lag is the worst thing, ever. Period.
It goes away in about 2 weeks, I promise!
Thanks for the Lily pictures!!! I love them!

Angie said...

Yes! She is so smart because YOU are smart! WOW! I can't believe she wrote them by memory the next day! Brilliant!

It was such a blessing to greet you at the airport! I got so tickled seeing Lily run down the hall! She knows she's loved!

Take care of yourselves...jet lag will pass! Call if I can do anything!
Blessings - Angie

Kim Possible said...

Hey evetyone, it's Kaley. I'm at school and I just looked at the blog. It's good to know that Lily is doing so well. Talk to ya'll soon. Bye!!!!

ChrisBillEmilyKatie said...

Neat. I'll check often. Glad you are back, safe and sound. I'll tell Emily and KAtie you are still going to keep up with the site. they liked seeing all the photo's.
tell Sophie, Lily & Pete hi.

Chris

Carol said...

Welcome home.........I think it took me 3 months to return to normal and my house is still a mess!

Pete and Gail said...

What a relief to hear your voice and know you are all home safe. Take care, we will see you all next week-
Hugs to the girls
Love to you all
Gail and Pete

Kelly said...

Hey you all.....
Robert B. here. It was so great to go through this adventure with your family! Kelly and I commented a number of times how nice it was to meet your family and be able to share these days together. We've decided that "BLAH" is a great way breakup a fight!

We missed seeing you at the airport. I figured we would see you on the other end of the security checkpoint. We wanted to give some hugs and take some pictures, but just like with the rest of the trip, I guess we just have to roll with it.

Anyway....so very nice to spend the days with you. I hope you have a great time with Lilly and Sophie

Da Tootsah