Sunday, February 24, 2008

Snow Day in Xian!




We didn't do a lot today...just hung around the hotel. Sophie worked on her schoolwork and Pete and Lily took a walk to give her a little quiet time. Lily took a three hour nap this afternoon...I think all of the running around is wearing her down. Sophie and Pete watched a movie while Lily slept and then we all went down to the restaurant for dinner. Have I mentioned that Lily and Sophie are celebrities among the staff here? They are all very good with both of the girls...speaking Chinese to Lily, but always very careful to include Sophie. A couple of the girls in the restaurant got both girls a gift for CNY...two crazy cars that light up and turn around and play a loud, crazy song. They remind me of those crazy lowriders in California that jump up and down and go side-to-side. I had to put one of them up high as it was making me a little nuts...guess which one.

Our travel companion, Robert, was pretty ill last night so please send a little prayer his way and continued prayers for our good health are appreciated, too!

We want to give a "Shout Out" to our faithful readers and comment posters...Kaley and her class in Orlando, Emily and Chris in Vero Beach, the Tennessee Toppings and Stewarts and everyone else in out there in cyberspace. Please leave us a comment when you read...we will print them when we get home and put them in Lily's "Baby Book."

Enjoy the pictures of the girls and their new friends!
PS. Dad and Gail, we finally got Lily to give up her coat from the orphanage. We didn't want to push her , but she willingly gave it up and put on the coat you sent and then we had a really hard time getting it off of her !

12 comments:

Pete and Gail said...

Great photos! We love the twin tops on the girls! I hope Lily's coat fit her. Would you believe your Dad is already packing for Tennessee. We were at a store today, he is on the hunt for anything with Ladybugs and Leaping Frogs. . What size does Lily wear? How is big sister Sophie doing with the local food? Love to you all.. Gail and Pete

The Stewart's said...

Sophie,
Hey it is me Sara I am missing you. My mom is showing me the pictures everyday (sometimes many times a day). I hope you are being good, which it looks like you are.
I can't wait to talk to Lily and to play with you and her.
My mom says it is time for bed. Good night and I am counting the days till you come home.
Miss you
Sara

The Stewart's said...

Thanks for the SHOUT OUT Deb from cyber space. I still can't believe you are on the other side of the world. It looks like Lily is really enjoying the family life. We are counting down the days till you all get home.
Allison

ChrisBillEmilyKatie said...

HI Guys... It's really neat to see the photos of Lily when you first met her to now with the staff. She is glowing.
Bill and KAtie make it home safely. They had fun.
Emily and I were at the horse pasture for several hours watching them train Kitty. WE will send pictures.
What size does Sofie & Lily wear?
Katie and Emily had send packages to your house for both. HTe package should be there when you get home. FUN FUN!!!
Chris

Kim Possible said...

Hey everybody!!!! We love the picture of Sophie and Lily in their matching jackets. And the staff looks so freindly. Keep on having FUN!!!! Always in our prayers.

MTSK

Sanders Family said...

It looks like Lily is a perfect fit for your family! I'm so happy everything is going well. Enjoy this special time in China - you'll have memories to last a lifetime. Have a safe trip home and we look forward to meeting Lily!

Joel, Donna & Eliza

ChrisBillEmilyKatie said...

By the way... according to my clock, you are leaving in the morning for the next leg of your journey. Have a great time. I'd post some pictures, but I don't think I am that good at thiss blog thing... I will have to email you the pictures.

Have fun. I am sure Lily and Sopie will have fun on the airplane!

Chris

Carol said...

Deb sorry I haven't been posting. I've been as sick as I don't know what. I'm finally feeling human again.

Thank you so much for the gift! Emily loves her book. And no we did not have it!!!!

You will have to tell us what you need for Lily, we want to get her something!! I feel like an Aunt to your daughter too...just like Jane.

Take care, looks like things are going very well!!
Love and best wishes!!
Carol

Stephanie Topping said...

Hey guys! Good to hear that you have finally had some down time with no set agenda. We can't wait to see the new pictures and updates each morning. Looking at the pictures of Lily and Sophie with big smiles on their faces warms the heart. Molly was asking yesterday how long Sophie had been gone and when would she be back. We are on a countdown now for the DeBraal's return to TN. Yes I will say a prayer for Robert and for everyone to remain healthy. There is alot of sickness going around here in Kingsport. But so for none of us have caught anything. Keep on smiling girls! Hey Pete can you play golf in China?

Love and Blessings,
Stephanie

Christine said...

Wow! This has got to be the trip of your lifetime! Congratulations! We are so happy that everything is working out so perfectly!
Love,
Jim, Christine, Noah & Caleb

Em said...

WOW You can really tell the difference from when you first got her. I can't wait to see her in person. She seems so happy.I stilll check your site every day. Mostly in the morning before I got to school @ 7. Next time you go to Disney you let us know. Me and Katie just can't wait to meet her. If you need help telling her things go to google and type in Google Translations and it can put you words into chinnese Cool huh?!

ChrisBillEmilyKatie said...

Hi. Have you arrived for the "American" portion of your journey? I was trying to post a photo but I don't think I can. If I can than I must give up and confess I am defeated by the computer. I will try again, it's part of my compulsive personality.
Hope all is going well. Have fun...
Lots of Love,

Chris